As we close out a year in which many incredible texts were published, this brief article notes a few examples of what’s to come in the New Year. Taken from a range of publishers, each listing is considered in terms of what new insights, understandings and inspirations these new contributions might bring to the left […]
Month: December 2022
Our GRA is none of Westminster’s Business
Doesn’t matter what your opinion on the legislation is, but the British government are once again openly subverting Scottish democracy. It’s entirely linked to them stripping us of our self-determination, as they are doing with judicial backing. This is tyranny, make no mistake. It isn’t, thank god, the type that involves violent repression, but now […]
Talking Sense: Gender Recognition Reform Special Ep 3.4
There is no trans person elected to the Scottish Parliament, so no one voting on GRR legislation will be directly effected by that decision. This episode gives voice to trans people – those who want to get a Gender Recognition Certificate and those who will still not be able to because they are non-binary. Their […]
Starmer’s “Progressive” Labour?
Do these Starmerite ‘progressives’ believe in democracy? If so, why are you opposing democracy in Scotland? Why are you endorsing your Leader’s will to collude with the Tories in curtailing Scottish self-determination? Why is it that Labour can’t get it right? It’s either some Stalinist psychopath dressed like a sexually repressed geography teacher or a […]
Holyrude Podcast – Season 4 – Episode 9
This week’s pod includes discussions & passion on: The Get Me Home Safely campaign & Trade Unions, Scottish Parliament GRR bill, fallout from “Where are you really from?”, striking workers and the reason behind why they are striking. With David, Beth Douglas & Ungagged’s Brian Finlay. Music by Edith – Sister Ghost
Nuala Dickson Blogs – Theories & Politics of Social Justice
Economic reform key in tackling child poverty post-pandemic It is an injustice that global child poverty levels soared to approximately 1.2 billion during the COVID-19 outbreak (UNICEF, 2020), while the wealth of the top 1% doubled (Oxfam, 2020). The other 99% of the population have people power: our togetherness can make a difference. By dismantling […]
Holyrude Ungagged – December 9th 2022
David discusses Scottish aspects of Westminster politics with Ungagged’s Kat Cary (Talking Sense) & Neil Anderson (Ungagged Interviews). Many other aspects of politics included as usual.
Ungagged Interview with Gerry Hassan
Neil discusses with Scottish Independence expert Gerry Hassan about what is contained in his recent publication Scotland Rising. Available on this link for Pluto Books Gerry has great insight to Scottish politics and has very reasoned arguemets as to why Scotland needs it’s independence back.
How to win the next Scottish Independence Campaign
How to win the next Scottish Independence Campaign – by the late Derek Stewart MacPherson… (@TheBabelFishDSM @TheBabelFish)
Brown Nose the Lords
Sam Hamad responds to new New Labour’s proposal of recentralising British State power…